Wendy LeBlanc - Arbuckle
Embodying your Living Architecture....Through the Portal of the 3Core Connections® Embodied Perspective
Descriptif: Over my 40 years of teaching, I have come to deeply appreciate the innate intelligence of my body and have learned to listen to its messages. Out of this appreciation, this deeper listening, I have developed the 3Core Connections® Embodied Perspective…not as some new concept or belief system, but as a compelling inquiry into “what is CORE, from the body’s perspective”. When we are willing to be curious, we alter how we see, sense, touch and “cue” movement potential as students and practitioners. We become fascinated with the deep relationships between the phenomena of our natural respiratory rhythm, the embryonic field that guides our self-organizing body from birth to death, and the innate health that supports our biointelligent organism from a global perspective. This curiosity and awareness influences our human movement patterning, which shapes us, along with our ability to grow as conscious beings as we grow as practitioners. In this workshop, we will explore moving within the Pilates repertoire, through the portal of the 3Core Connections® Embodied Perspective:
- Discovering the embodied timing and patterning that supports awakening:
- the “Dome of Lower Core” of your feet and legs to pelvic floor/spine…
- the “Dome of Central Core” of your pelvic floor, spine/diaphragm to palate/cranium…and
- the “Dome of Upper Core” of your spine, thoracic inlet/armpits, palate/cranium, hands, and
- how they all “ROOT through the girdles” to the “breathing spine”…integrating the whole body in relationship with the gravitational field.
- Discovering how your breath’s “fascial elastic recoil” works with your lumbodorsal fascial support to create whole body presence, internal strength, flexibility and ease.
- Discovering the “ankles/knees” and “wrists/elbows” as “kinetic centers” which can amplify or inhibit movement at the Upper and Lower Gravity Centers;
- Discovering an updated, fluid, fascial “biointelligent language” from your unlimited creativity and perceptual awareness, by focusing on “what’s working” or “what’s missing”, rather than “what’s right/wrong”…profoundly influencing your approach to teaching and moving in your own practice… and in life.
Through this portal of “embodied anatomy”, we can move beyond static “muscle/bone” cadaver based studies to a “functional, fascial, fluid” perspective, allowing us to see the body’s vital relationships from foot to head and hand that support us moving in the world with a global consciousness that grows us, as fully alive, aware, self-healing beings.
Wendy is an International leader in embodied movement education, with a 40 year background in holistic health, and lifelong studies and collaborations with distinguished pioneers in yoga, Pilates, Structural Integration bodywork, somatic arts and sciences, dynamic breathwork and energy medicine.
Wendy studied with 5 of the Pilates Elders who studied directly with Joseph Pilates, and has been inspired by the diversity of their teaching expressions. Additionally, her extensive yoga background, along with studies with Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Emilie Conrad, Susan Harper, Judith Aston, Tom Myers, The Guild for Structural Integration, Hubert Godard, Phillip Beach and Jaap van der Wal, with profound breath, fascial and ontological studies, helped Wendy develop her own “biointelligent” voice.
Her vision has been to illuminate the universal core principles that underlie all great bodymind practices, enabling students and practitioners of any discipline to discover their wholeness through cultivating their own voice, through the portal and brilliant guidance of their biointelligent wisdom.
A founding member of the Pilates Method Alliance. the Fascia Research Society and International Association of Structural Integrators, she is a PMA-CPT, a presenter for Pilates Anytime and FusionPilatesEDU , and honored to be a Second Generation Mentor in Balanced Body’s Passing the Torch Mentoring Program.